Community Action of Nebraska (CAN) is looking for an energetic, innovative individual to oversee the State Association office. CAN’s mission is to alleviate poverty by enhancing program development, technical assistance, and advocating public policy to support all Community Action Agencies in Nebraska.
The Executive Director will:
- Direct, oversee, and manage all operations and programs, including CAN staff
- Financial oversight and management of all organization activities
- Keep abreast of program and funding opportunities including the development of new sources of support for the organization
- Represent CAN through public appearances and media relations, presentations to civic groups, social service agencies, and government; conduct outreach to elected officials (occasional lobbying); serve on committees, councils, and boards with community leaders
- Coordinate and facilitate activities of the CAN Board of Directors
- Manage all aspects of new and existing projects from conception to completion, including assessment, design, implementation, evaluation, and communication with stakeholders
Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, public administration, or related field and at least 3 years management and community/human services experience. Prior Community Action experience preferred but not required. Experience in personnel management strongly preferred. Ability to motivate the business community and local leaders and groups in the community in support of the organization’s goals. Ability to communicate orally and in writing. Ability to secure funds, administer grants, and maintain the organization’s financial operations in a positive and transparent manner. Ability to conduct feasibility assessments, funding development, and resource acquisitions for approved agency program development. Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the general public as well as other CAN and Community Action employees. Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel extensively on CAN business and have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- This is a salaried-exempt position
- Starting salary range is $45,000 - $50,000 depending on experience.
- After 60 days of continuous employment, regular full-time employees working thirty (30) hours or more per week are eligible for the following benefits:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short-term disability
EEO. For accommodations call 402-875-9316